Friday 15 January 2010

Back to black...ice



The recent spell of wintry (wintery?) weather, tracked obsessively and extensively via Twitter using the #uksnow tag has led to some interesting mobility experiences for me.

Still not 100% sure of the stability of my knee following the reconstructive surgery, I've been treading rather gingerly on the ice. Isn't doing something 'gingerly' a great idea? Certainly worth investigating...

Anyway, long story short and all that, at the start of the week I was walking back over from the other side of the island and I had my mp3 player blasting away in my ears to keep out the cold. Using the shuffle function, well, you have to do something to add excitement to your day, I was treated to a bit of Northern Soul courtesy of Tammi Lynn. Clearly even I wasn't about to attempt a backflip or fling down some talcum powder and pull a headspin. And throwing shapes on grit is just so undignified. I did, however, have an image of club nights in Edinburgh, attempting (though more often watching others) to look as if I could pull my weight in the foot-stomping dance stakes.

No sooner had the thought entered my head than I found myself involuntarily auditioning to be one of Ms. Winehouse's backing dancers as my bad leg went from under me and I struggled to regain my footing with a rather natty shuffle-slide in the style of another who often did things Gingerly...






No comments: