Sunday 3 January 2010

Lazy Articles About Home Taping Is Killing Music Journalism*

20080425-EImage by Heinrock via Flickr

I'm going to sound like a complete curmudgeon here because I actually quite like this article from the Times about mix-tapes and a cassette revival. I mean, in many ways it's a wee bit like a post I churned out myself some months back. And that's the thing. Not only have "C90s are back!" type articles been doing the rounds for a good while now, but Nick Hornby's "High Fidelity" has whole sections - nay, damn near the whole book - devoted to the subject of the mix tape and, as much as I love that book, I don't want to sit and read poor imitations of it in a national newspaper.

Bah. Humbug.





* Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know that should be "are" but pay attention at the back there!

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: